A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

"Girl Unless"

You know I wouldn't call 
you 
"girl unless"
I had good
news to share, or you
could call me any time
with stories yours 
or tactics bare
in need of tune,
feedback, quick
fix. Unless that is

Unless this is. 

You know 
I'm bad 
for all
business 
of personal or
pro-am wish. 

You're not my kind,
you know. We couldn't
tell, play, pass, run, grow,
dig, sell or sport in best fresh
natural way. BUTT-(and it's one
sweet, broad-as can of whelming
hot caboose you cock-a-doodle
ran, full sweat and swing, so long,
all 'round), please do. Please
bring your clothes on, tight
or loose. As you'd best
look right back in
town to lose.

My soul's been shook.
It wasn't yours. We 
had no choice, then. 

Let's use yours. 

My uniform's worn threadbare down. 
I've long since done the best I had.  

You know?

It's too, too cogent, sound and strong:
we must conclude. So sad. 

We've each been strangers
to ourselves, been so damn sick
we had to laugh. We could not
know each other's mood. 

We could not drink each other's
draught. We each sought help 
most every night, to rise 
and fight most any day. 

We have not caught. 
We thought we each
were quite the catch. 

So we're released! 
SO GAY. 

Our whole
"If/Then" "And/Or"
routine we made
and knew so well
said:

"Stay."

You're right.
We should have known
it wouldn't work, short-term.
I couldn't take it all or both
or each in any lasting way,
you

beach.

So I will
head down
sure to shore,
and pray the sun
to burn.

No cover
tune, and no
encore

No comments: