A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

will you please

Everything you ever gave to me
is ready to be sent back.
Packed, boxed and bagged,
it's in the driveway by the curb
of my heart's garage. Kind of a
dumb move on my part. I've
blocked in my car.

My heart's car, I mean. My heart's
car is sweet - one sweet ride,
a classic! A "muscle car" -
that American classic style.
They don't make them like
that anymore. You should hear
this baby purr. It's all revved up,
fueled up and ready to go!

Will you please come get your shit.

2 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

This one made me cry.

lacrema said...

Aw, I was coming here to say it made me laugh.