A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, June 13, 2011

just being nice

I have no idea what pills you took,
or what pills you stopped taking, but
either lay off or get back on them
because they're either driving you
nuts

or you needed them to be sane.

Everything you say is just creepy
to me. I don't want to be mean, but
how can you be nice to someone who
will willfully interpret being nice
as some sick twisted signal?

Fuck.

According to you, everything I say
is your personal life. I can't even figure
where I begin or end, in the eyes of someone
who can't see any line

between me and them.

There's no question of being cool, or friends.
There's no question of boundary, or fix.

I'm done.

I'm done because this: there was nothing
much there in the first place. Sorry. I like
happy conversation as much as the next
person - but happy isn't one person telling
the other what the other means. Hard to be
free, easy and shoot the breeze with someone
when you just being nice equals them,
"deceived"

1 comment:

lacrema said...

You know, it's kind of a compliment. To speak to the heart of human experience takes skill. Because that's what it is. You're not talking about one person, specifically, yet they feel that you are. It's like Hamlet-- everyone sees themselves in Hamlet, like they're pretty sure Shakespeare wrote him with just one person in mind.