A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

what impossible mess

I will reverse engineer it
I'm good enough to figure out both
principle
and mechanism
from the streak of black grease smoke, residue
and evidence
of the act having already occurred. Or earlier -
in the instant, I will catch it

I will put the explosion back together
into a bomb.
No one will have to ask:
"What happened?" Because nothing
will have. And I will
know what set it off. And I will
know what destroyed us
or could have
done
And I will defuse it.

The things I find irreparable,
put back together and leave
undone
cannot even be numbered

my hands have too few fingers
left

No comments: