A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, June 09, 2011

what impossible means

with impossible means
to improbable ends
you can't justify this
if it kills us, my friend
well we can't go back that way - or
- does it depend?
I've been practical-minded,
but that's at an end.
For practically all of my life - and I'm sick
at the slim possibility that I was right! -
I have made my decisions so certain
and slight
on the basis of what?
now, it looks like a trick of the light
how the motes flow slow motion,
exist - suspended in air
like a glittering swarm
it's so hard to believe that it's coming to this
there is nothing to fight
it's as cold and as hard
as you used to be warm.

No comments: