A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, June 13, 2011

stupid happy people

Ah, oh okay. I know what you mean now. And yes,
by our lessons, they are stupid. Or are they? Maybe
they are not by theirs. I want
to turn this into a poem
but I don't know how.
I feel like it's not my poem to write.
I'd make it happy endings.
I'd say: let them seize such lil' triumphs as they can, though, right?
You and me can't wise them up - if life's
got brutal surprises in store for them, they'll believe it
only when they see it. Or hell,
if they manage to sail through without being disappointed
- then they weren't stupid! Were they?

Because: then they will have won

But

Nonsense, though. No one sails through.

I can't help rooting for people like that
to sail through. Reporting each embarrassing glimpse of sun
like a battle won singlehandedly, as if against
great odds. What's going to happen to them
when the crash comes?

Will they sink like stones - will it be the death of them?
Can they ever learn our lessons? Or will they learn worse ones, or
just shrug it off and continue,
as infuriating as ever?

see

happy endings

No comments: