A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, April 24, 2021

test magic

When I got home 
I threw myself
into the ritual.  
Long-prepared
and suddenly,
I saw my chance 

And let it go.

With hard intent and focus aimed
into the cosmos: energies. I'd waited
for the chance to charge with pent-up
eldritch symmetries in cramped precision
hand and pose. In swoopy arms and jutty 
hips. Sepulchral voice boom sigil words 
I'd labored long to study up, practiced
in mind, and torn to bits. 

Awaiting this. 

I threw the sable velvet cloth.  
I drew star circle, symbol-writ
in colored chalk, threw chicken
organs (canned) in cauldron, 
burnt the herbs - incensed a bit. 

Then called upon the universe. 
I called it up. I called it down. 

I sang out vile instruction, foul. 

And so, we'll see. 

Let's go to town.  
  

No comments: