A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, April 06, 2021

angle in

Attitude is just "angle in." 
And I am an angler, out 
from within and gone fishin'
with hooky hat, baits-laden vest, 
tinted shades, in my waders,
my rods, my reels, my nets,
and the rest. I await 

my boat 

to come in.
It's gone off,
unmoored again
from the pier to begin
just at sunrise - an early
start's best - without me. I stand
now at the end, cleaned and dressed.
And I thought, hard-pressed
for time! But turns out I have
plenty to spare. Nice day
out. This is fine. Here
with all my best
gear, I mysteriously
stand with my back
to the land, I level
my gaze out to see,
and I peer,  

I peer. 

Without haste.
With a good attitude.
Indeed one of the best.
That boat will drift back
in a bit. 

Fucking rude 

It's a test

No comments: