A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, April 19, 2021

Are you dancin' at me?

Listen I was body-rockin' 
subtly-subtly
When I saw you on the dance-floor 
acting ugly-ugly,
And I thought your whole directed
energy was at me!
So I moved myself from where 
I flowered wall-abstractly 

And It SEEMS I was MAKING a 
MISTAKE Please do not distract me 
I'm NEAR, not quite HERE,
but it's FAKE!
Weren't you DANCIN' AT me?

Thought I saw you hover
With your EYES, and your energy
as if to beckon to discover

BEAT. 

Believe in me. And uh
'nother that's a BEAT.
Let's forget the way we CAME
And another WAY 
we lost along the way without a name

Oh. Hey. 

I can't talking to you. NOT
NOW, the MUSIC IS LOUD,
and I needn't move with WORDS,
in such context is this! It's a crowd!
We can't hear! I don't care
who I is, I don't care who you are, 

But Vindicate Me in This?

Thought you called me over.
Maybe thought you invitation-aimed
some resplendent clover, cleaving 
me asunder with BLAME,
if I didn't answer? Who could count
the leaves in this? SAME reckoning  
as cancer, I had to invent a wish 

No comments: