A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, April 23, 2021

long since let

We're nothing I guess,
to each other right now.
And I can't reach out, and
I can't reach out. And I
never could! But when you
reached me -

We gave ourselves in moments
to eternity. And I gave myself
then, and I can't get out.
But mostly now I don't
think of you at all. 

It's when I do, it all comes back -
but it's always too long to erase
the fact. And I hope you're okay,
but you may have died. 

By now, how would I even know? 

I don't deserve. Just live your life.
I can't reach out. We'll live somehow
with all this long since letting go. 

No comments: