A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

(__ months later)

A voice: "We have achieved a
return to normalcy."

Another voice: "Yes, a triumph"

1st voice: "We need to spend

the next ten years

after a return to normalcy

developing super-normal powers

- like telepathy, as you suggest."

2nd voice: "I didn't"

1st voice: "Oh, sorry. I thought

you did, never mind. But this

takes ten years

we don't have right now."

2nd voice: "What do you mean? I thought
we were in the epilogue? Normalcy?"

1st voice: "No.

That was a false

plot twist. In fact

we are right stuck
here and now
mid-crisis."

2nd voice: thinking really hard

"OK. Then I firm my resolve
and

[ TRANSCRIPT ENDS ]

No comments: