A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, March 02, 2020

crowded house

Someone's in the kitchen
it's a baby, it's a mother
someone kneeling, someone
busying
in front of the fridge. And
someone's in the other room,
and also in the other, and
the other, and I'm wondering
where my space is, or where
it's going
to be

but I love

being so filled up

with family and friends, or
whoever all these people are

It's a real thing
that you can't pretend

into a place, when the house
is hollowed out, and you can breathe
again

so near
so far

so good.

The toilet seat is warm again

I wish

we all lived

Where we could
do this frequently instead of
for a week or three

and then we'd just
pop by and in and enjoy
each other and ourselves and then
just go free.

But I will

take it while it comes to me.
The world can empty out itself
some other day, today I will know

I am full

in a corner of the kitchen
of this crowded house

remember this well. You are going to
miss this people when they go,
and they always do

long before they ever start
to smell

1 comment:

Mel said...

Love this. Captured the feeling so evocatively.