A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, March 30, 2020

dream discretion

If you lavish your affections upon me
in a dream, does it matter
whose dream it is?
Hell yes! If
it's your dream,
you fell for the smooth charms
of an impostor! Shock and shame,
to bestow your hot, rollicking fond
favors in fullest extent upon
some dark arts science fiction
doppelganger, while I miss out!
Some dream! Call that fair?
Is life fair? Not in your dreams,
apparently! Whereas, if it's my dream
then, well, okay.

I'm the fool. Ridicule me,
but please. Don't blame me
for asking.

I had to know

whose dream it was

just in case it was ours

No comments: