A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, March 30, 2020

deliberate findings

I know there are songs
that are so good
so great
that would change my life
that I haven't heard, and
I can't be bothered, somehow
I can't
I can't be bothered
to seek them out. I know
there are songs so good
so great, that would change
my life, that I have
to write, but

maybe I should
do it anyway.
Sometimes you can't care
until you're under weigh
sometimes you can't care
'til the cliff's left behind
and above, as you fall
into habits you've lost
sometimes you can't find
them again by themselves.
They won't ambush you
and start dragging you off
like they always used to,
when such luxury was.
Sometimes maybe
you have to set off
just because.

No comments: