A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, February 05, 2019

the challenge of morning

I could gain entry to the day
the main way that I do,
by sudden roll, drop
out of bed, pop it askew
and turn a piece of digital information to sound
have some/hear some fearsome inspiration
however found by such usual means
- stick it hard to inside, like

a spike to the bottom of heart, and let glide
out and into circulation in a system of veins,
arteries and capillaries to release it to pain

- or just beauty. Truth, maybe, really any kind
of song - that’s the point that I’ve been working
every day all along. I said gain,
and drop,
and have some inside - and there will be
at least a lot of me left, when I’ve died.
Because it keeps building up, it keeps,
building up high, you can’t

hide.

No comments: