A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, February 03, 2019

Origin Story

If I am kidding myself, I don't
know where. Any pointers or suspicions
you share will be hauled in
with the rest of the take, gladly! I've

put so much in of my own, to build up
the pot, I don't mind betting clothes

if it keeps the game going. Such
innocent motives I always have! What a

CLOWN. I stand outside myself and JEER
at the Fool I've made so true! Quite deliberate
and inventive, picking every step
of the way, and which foot
to put in!

How come
there isn't a superhero
based on a mime, anyway? He or she
can pull on invisible ropes that actually drag
things, trace invisible walls in the air
that box the world out, repelling bullets
and explosions, even. The most detestable,
irritating superhero ever, and never a word

to say in his own, or hers, defense! Why not?
Whole genre's a joke. Strategies like that

don't work, even (and maybe
especially) IF you were hit

by a lightning bolt

to gain such insights
into them

BEWARE, FOOL WORLD

an avenger is coming
to make no sense

No comments: