A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, February 07, 2019

body issue triggering

I realize that women get pretty proud
of themselves for giving in to the
bull shit and whipping their whole ass

into SHAPE like you wouldn't BELIEVE
from the social media photos but

let's not assume. Unrealistic is not
impossible. But

my MALE GAZE hurts from the counterposts
of other friends, they talk about diet,

they talk about exercise they talk
about body and they say "STOP TRIGGERING
AND HURTING ME WITH THE GOAL TALK
OR I BLOCK YOU UNFRIEND"

and wow it hurts because I know they are
good people

hurting from all these fucking showoffs
with their body progress who don't see

they're doing it for MY PLEASURE?
I don't think so

which I'm not guilty over in the slightest.

I been called a patriarchy ho
and I was like uh huh
uh-hu

all the people in the house having
sex for the bills say "ho"

"Ho"

but a patriarchy ho, I don't know
I just know I've done nothing
my shame can detect
to that effect so ho.

And I wish women would be cool
with other women's body progress
or their own lack thereof, or
any combination of issues

on that score. Because when shit happens
people look at ME LIKE (sorry I LIKED
SOMEONE'S PHOTO ok? IT WAS CONVENTIONAL) it's
my fault, you know? They look me right in the SEX

and say it's the problem, probably, or
organs connected to it, the brain
ostensibly being the MALE WORST

well shit

I never called a f*t *gly
bit*h that in my life

Got me confused with somebody

or something. I just want all the women

happy

whether they're happy with their looks, or
no
I guess they would have to be.

I honestly am.
They're not my looks, you know?

To be honest I'm ok with the accusations

I mean I hear it feels better to vent, so
some good done, no harm by me,

but it did not burn one
of my calories.

No comments: