A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 04, 2019

curious look

The look on your face alone
is one I wish I could see,
to compare with the look
on your face when you're
with me. I know,

I probably don't want
to know,
really.

There's always a risk to
comparison. There's always
the chance you won't like
to learn - but if ignorance

as they say, is bliss

I have more than most to burn,
where you're

concerned. I will never

stop knowing you, and getting
to know, not willingly. So long

as we do not say "so long,"

I will treasure your every privacy

that you care to share,

and respect the rest. Entirely
yours, what you give and bring
- so becoming mine, to be blessed
and kept. But I wish

I could see the look on your face,
when I'm stumbling, trying
and saying such things
as these. I know

if I could,
I'd find the way
so much easier through,
I could go on my knees.

No comments: