A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Sherly Crow Homage

And a happy couple enters the bar,
hosing and scrubbing as best they can
in shirts and suits, and the woman in me
says out of nowhere, "Get out of here!
Make a beeline for the beach, are you
happy enough to be strong? Get some
vitamin d in, you know where that
comes from, comes in, say what
you want but your favorite mistake

had better be me." Not knowing how
to take all that in I left the front door
standing open, and hit it with my ass

on the way out ouch to the beach,

where I was overdue

to be brought back to life
after thrashing and waving around
in the tide pool for kicks

making mud angels
like myself look good,

all for a very invasive
kiss.

No comments: