A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 25, 2019

beyond compare

I'm not saying I need to be
the best lover in the world, but
I better be the best lover YOU
ever had, is all I'm saying, so
you better be a virgin, because

I'm pretty sure I can't stand much
comparison. I mean, past experience, was
there ever a woman who held on to me? Who
pleaded oh baby, no you got to stay

you love me the best, I
no. Pretty sure there wasn't, so

yeah, I probably suck, better not
have too much expectation in that
department. Unless

well

it's true
I got no complaints. And some people said
kind things at the time, specific
things. Maybe the sex
was O.K. Except - why wouldn't they

stay then? Or beg to? Stands to reason
they would, unless

no. It had to be the sex. It could not have been

personality

No comments: