A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 06, 2019

ambition undone

If I could be a stand up comic, I
would want to be one of those guys
pigeonholed as a wholesome one. Clean

for the family with an edge
so they're not embarrassed

to tell people they love you
I mean, me. I would jump
fuck up in front of those

the stage

people would want
pleasant to

it

hilarious.

I would practice more. Get my act
tight and professional as fuck,
the timing
'til they expect it!

But so nice
what a relief so clean

for a certain mindset
no shame,

Like a job to live up to
no hurt feelings, just

sometimes you want
to be famous for filth
and sex like

drugs
comedian stuff
bankruptcy and crime, danger

the ladies

I'm attracting the wrong kind

and not enough.

No comments: