A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 01, 2019

social meteor

I feel like I am being taken to pieces
by love,

and it's beautiful, clanging pain
I would not give up.

All the people I knew so much
what a wonderful invention to keep in touch

they reach out, catching hold with steel trap hands
and pull, as I scroll falling all the way down

some bottomless wall

you'd think it would slow my descent. But no,
as pieces of me held taut dislocate, and finally
rip pulling free, the further I fall.

Herkily jerked to stops, then torn,
shot through with bliss of rediscovery

seeing how happy each
one is: how happy you are,
and you, and
you,

agonies of loss. Happy for
the sake of the people you've lost, though.

How could it be otherwise

and still have been true?
There is so much love

I'm so happy to see you
again,

so much.

You don't even know.
But we're through, aren't we?

Nor should you know. Look on, to your
life and loves - tend, and
take care now, and grow.

Somewhere overhead,
some star in the sky
wiggled just like a tooth, almost ready

to lose itself.

What if it's true

your whole life flashes by
in front of your eyes

when your time comes due?

How could you even tell?

No comments: