A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, November 06, 2019

two approaches

Who I really am won't work
with all these people, they want
something else, I don't know

I can find. But I withdraw
a bit, detach and use my mind.
I'll find a fit - and pleasing,
too. It won't be hard.

So if it takes me all
my life, I'll rise a bit
and lower guard.

I'll find out who I need
to be, and where it fits
with what they see.

And one day, I
will be the same. Until then
it's an okay game.

_____

Who these people think I am
is such an easy spin and shill.
I can't believe each one of them's
a fundamental imbecile.

They must just be so desperate
for trust, that they'll trust
anyone. A sacrificial offering.

I almost wish it wasn't
so much fun.

No comments: