A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Some summoning

I want you to meet me, here
where I am. There's no way to find
the way to here. I can't tell you how
I came to this place; I can't help
but wonder what time you'd waste

but the view

is worth all the missteps
and mistakes
that got me through.

Not all those who wander
are lost. They say,
but you probably
shouldn't

have followed them.

Turn aside, let them wander
and come to me now. I have
no idea just where I am

but the sky's going wild
with orange and rose
on darkening bruise
as the sun comes down

and there's only one sight
that could tear my eyes

away, down the path

where
I know
you will bound.

No comments: