A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 25, 2019

So the bartender says

A bartender walks into the bar.
The bartender says, "What'll I have?"
"Scotch whiskey, neat."
"Coming right up!"
The drink is poured and served,
and the bartender drinks it down.
"Have another?" asks the bartender,
aloud. "Same."
Another Scotch is poured,
served, and drunk down. A third
and a fourth soon follow. By now

the bartender is a bit curious.

"So what brings you here
today? Got yourself a tale of woe?"

"I live here," replies the bartender.
"I built myself a little bar in my own house,
for entertaining. I come in and serve myself
drinks. I'm not interested in chit-chat."

"Fair enough," replies the bartender. He walks off,
whistling an eerily cheery tuneless tune,
toweling a clean glass.

No comments: