A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 25, 2019

dream consequence

We all went out for tacos
and one of somebody else's tacos
fell in love with me but I
couldn't say anything, because
it wasn't my taco. We all left
together separately and the government

said “Obey the law.” We were already
doing that! Luckily

I hailed a cab, and it
turned into an action movie
where we were getting shot at. When
we got dropped off I still had to tip it,

which was weird

because what do you tip an action movie?

I went with fifteen percent.

Inside, everything was still going on.
I caught your eye and suggested
sex. She agreed,
so we got a male lizard
and a female lizard and frankly,
couldn't tell the difference.

Nothing happened - a big fizzle. “Now what?”
neither of us said. I went to the side door
with her trailing after and, after checking
to see that no one was obviously watching us,
we opened it and sidled through.

We found ourselves
in an alley on the top of the building. The helicopter
was gone, if there had been one. Suddenly

we were attacked by bees! They weren't
stinging us, they were just
headbutting us and going “whoop!”
It was adorable. “What should I tip
these BEES?” I asked, turning to you.
She was gone. She had been

entirely
carried off
by BEES.

I had been taken in by a distraction.
It made no sense at all.

No comments: