A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, November 21, 2019

turvy

You turned me upside down. A tree
with stars between its roots. Eventually,
come days of rain and after days
of sun,

Perhaps my roots
will learn to bud
in leaves and blooms,

As limbs and branches
learn to drink from grounds
where they lie spread, entombed.

Then I could know what you have done
and call it luck, not fate
or doom.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

heavily altered this. November 21, 2019 it was:

You turned me upside down
a tree with stars
between its roots
Eventually
come rains
and after days
of sun, perhaps
my roots will one
day learn to bud leaves,
as my limbs and branches
drink from the groundswell.