A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, August 06, 2023

positions

I'm largely against absolutism, 
except in the case of specific 
idealisms where the idealist 
knows: it is aim, not goal - 
and isn't kidding self or us
about that.

I have generally no use
for solipsism, but solipsists
are endlessly engrossing 
in their posed-unique way(s). 

Determinists, I am okay with. 
They probably can't help it. 

Sophists, my position varies
by specific sophism.

In fact, take that qualification
as general. There's probably no
position that can't be done well,
originally - or by personal and
peculiar development - so long
as the one so posed, so positing,
so positioned doesn't cross 

some line
to full-on bigotry.
Long as they don't,
I'm like "Hit me with the whole
dog!"  

Bigotry, though. I have a huge
bias, there. I am I confess prejudiced
against bigots. Don't worry, though!
- that isn't a hypocritical stance.
You might think it may be,
but in this case, no.
I can walk you through it,
sometime if you like. It's
kind of fun, or

it could be. 

Everything else? Assume I'm 
cool with it! If I'm not, I'll 
say so in the form of saying 
why. Or as the case may be, 
why not? 

No comments: