A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 07, 2023

ground rules for a given moment (unspoken)

I won't bother you with pressing 
questions or needless details 
unless you let me. Let's 
call that a deal, but you 
can always declare 
a tangent lopped
and dropped, cut 
short or off - a way

closed 

and I won't mind at all. 
The interest in it was 
joined or nil. It wasn't 

small talk, no, but 
it could have been 
large or deep, wide 
or far, long or short 
- it would have to be 
joined. Ours,
or nil. No one's.

So you know,
I don't engage 
in talks with you or 
anyone to drag along 
dawdling after me 
by obligation or threat! 

Honestly

Who does that? 

Who says that. 

So let's call that a deal, 

and you  
at any point

can always call it off.
I won't bother you, unless 
stung by a jolt of hot interest 
shared, you find you want 
to be bothered

for some reason
momentarily

No comments: