A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, August 06, 2023

"Not A Test"

You excite me so much, 
if anxiety counts.
It is pretty exciting,
in strange amounts 
- and I have no idea 
what we would be for: 
together forever, or 
never to score 

But let's hang on with hope 
so long, so long, so long
as we've got nothing better 
to hang on.

Let's hang on with hope,
so long, so long. So far,
so good, so I guess 
let's hang on

There's a part of me gone 
and missing inside.
I found it when you first
met my eyes, and it seems
like you fit there, naturally.
It would be so insane
not to check and see. 
Not to wait and see 
where we'll end up soon, 
or late, or never, whatever 
comes true.
It would be pretty strange 
not to hang on for that. 
Whatever that turns out 
to be, in fact. 

Let's hang on with hope, 
so long, so long, so long 
as we've got nothing better 
to hang on. Let's hang on 
with hope: so far, so best 
so I guess let's hang on 
and hope for the rest. 

This is not a test

No comments: