A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 07, 2023

mouth full of punch

You took a deep sip
of colored punch, 
then suddenly laughed 

it went everywhere. 
I said don't mind! 
This is abstract art. 
The color completes 
my shirt and hair. 

Besides (I thought
to myself) if your mouth
could punch me in the stomach 
like your words do, I would suck
in my gut, and pull in my breath,
not giggle or squirm a bit until

your mouth was through. 

Then perhaps
you could lay your head
on my chest. 

I might need a clean shirt, 
but the sound of your laughter 
is everything. A bit of a mess 
in the right place

can't hurt. 

No comments: