A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Welp,

How do I catch on
to the next thing everyone's going
to know, to dissect endlessly with
humor and pathos like Game of Thrones, except
not chasing after to catch up,
and jump on? I don't

need to be the first responder,
the earliest adopter, I just want

to be in

from the word go
or just after, then settle in
for the ride of one's life (or
a damn good distraction from,
anyhow), settle in

For years of cultural relevance

with my peers. Not as some big chore!
To investigate and eventually

figure out why
it's a big deal.

(HINT: it's because
everyone else thinks so! And
they spend a good portion of
their lives, talking about
their lives, using handy
touchstones like these
as shared reference.)

No I hate
that. Having to figure that
out from scratch. Why am I always
the one on the outside, sneering
piteously at "How could we possibly

be so into this? Is it THAT good? Do
YOU think so?" Oh yes

Oh man you have no idea YES
it is.

Welp,

I missed it

this time.

And from what I hear,
it turned out again about as rushed,
jumbled and wrong as usual. Lost

the plot in search of its significance,
confused the characters for a narrative
device and made mashed hash of pretensions
to meaning or endless, timeless heft.

But next time I bet it's better, and
how do I catch on? I've never been

involved in one of these. Seems

fun!

No comments: