A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 01, 2019

super star dork

I wan-na be
a super star dork
get paid on the stage
in unmarked bills
just to scatter 'em out on the front three
rows - a bribe and a bid,
as priorities go. I would do my Art

people would be "WHUUUT"

Some adorable fart with a great big but
and a bigger what if
and an either/or

you might poke out the left
or the right eye for

People would be "OHHHH"
That was whuut what was
They'd explain it to me

I'd be like Ho
Lee
Sick?
Buzz!
You have just figured out
what that whole bit
meant! If I'd only known

now

I'd have done it then

but with just that touch
of an added doubt

that comes from just knowing
what you're on about.

No comments: