A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Everybody's Thor

I realize I'm a lot more Thor
than I ever thought back in the day
when he kept pretending to be
a super-serious humorless
cripple with an M.D. and
woo Jane with stern words, I
was like "Who is this guy? Is this
the wit of Asgardians," but how wrong
I was forsooth! He's just a big fun
guy! Not a manchild as he's called,
but a puppygod of some sort! Embarrassing

to realize wry deep absurd truths about
how one grapples joyously with one's life
to the death, from a dude dressed

as he quite fitly does. For him
anyway, I'm not going to cosplay it.

I always saw myself more as the Vision:
calm, cool to cold, stern and precise
with better powers. He could go rock
hard in a thought and just STAND
THERE, or, in another thought
of lightness and speed, he'd flit
through the very solidity of the world
- like it weren't no thang! But

they kind of messed him up. He acts
all goofy and peculiar, like
he doesn't understand them
humans. As if their ways

aren't sensible to an android. Well,
maybe that's realistic, I don't know
- but they always made sense to him before. He was all
"Yeah guys, act how you know. Wanna see me walk through
a wall!" HELL YEAH, VISZ!

That's more my attitude. But it did give me
a cheap geek thrill the way he manhandled Mjolnir
like it weren't no thang. "Here, Thor"

He observed off-hand on the hand-off. "It's business
time, and I expect you need this."

Turns out no
He only thought he did.

Seems like Thor could teach an awful lot
of us about ourselves, and worse

appears to have
done, so.

No comments: