A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Sin List Update

I'm a glutton for PUNISHMENT.
But only because I love correction.
But only since I can get so little of it!
For years I got it all the time,
and grew by leaps missed and bounds
erected, and so pleased and thriving
in learning how to come correct.
So thin on the ground these days,
so scarce. Correction
You have to sniff it up
and around, and deep
between and try to lap
it and get SMACKED

for trying. "Trying to lap ME?
Stay on the track, Captain America!
Your shortcuts aren't enhanced"
It's a sin. Too
much.

Pride, for preference, I take
in something other than myself,
which would be weird. My self
is the thing geeking out
like a spaz of wonder at
all these other things!
Proud of that? I'd be indignant
to think so, it's an embarrassment
of riches I'm proud of, and they are not

my riches! For the richest part,
I'm just proud for all whose riches
they are - the skies and air
and every living thing plus
the light-spinning wheels of stars
frozen-frame by our moment of long
slow attention in them. Sin?

Not really. Long as one's pride in them
doesn't grow so big it could come between
you and the infinite, and occlude or eclipse
the infinite. That's all sin is

really.

But pride too big in such things does lead
to

Covetousness, of them. Or
Envy, of those who have them, or possess
attributes of excellence you wish they'd choke on
and die.

Wrath! Is a huge problem but thankfully,
only at ideas, which - disembodied as they are
and incarnate as I am - I can only disembowel
and eviscerate through a mind holding them,
going in through the eye, the ear possibly
with so surgical a katana strike the poor dear
- the idea-victim, who half the time doesn't
even WANT it, turns out - is untouched, unmoved
in the moment. Only comes back later, "Hey!
Remember that idea we were discussing?
I killed it." GOOD

Probably dead for ages in there, you were
playing marionettes, it reminded you of nostalgia,
back in an idyll where believing such things
creeped you out, but in those days, was confused
for comfort. Security.

Sin? No not really. What else? Kevin Spacey
and his damn bloody fingers all over everything

GREED!

Hahaha well. Perhaps a touch, for the things I'm
all proud for us all getting to know and see
and play and have. Wait, is Greed one? Or am I making
it up in a confusion of others (Envy, Covetousness,

JEALOUSY? Jealousy can't be one. Half these sins
are all the same thing! Somebody making lists
back in the day had a problem. Jealousy

cannot be on the list, it's covered. Surely
Sorry

Pride
Covetousness
LUST - AHA!
Anger - WRATH! AHA!
Gluttony
Envy
SLOTH.

We've covered them all but sloth!

I never used to have sloth, but I seem to have
gotten lazy along the way, though I don't love it
or really place it in an important orbit

between myself and the infinite. Still

I need to watch that one.

Overall, though, it seems I'm covered

No comments: