A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 01, 2019

catch up or bust, or blush

I'm going to catch up, I say. I missed
a couple of years' worth of every day. For what?
For this. To have

to catch up. To get
to try. I am blessed

by my empty cup. No, I don't look
back

now, I look

rather ahead

hovering shoulders
above the crowd, and
probably dead. Still
walking the talk, though

stumbling well as I stutter
and putt with my nine-iron drive.

Have I ever been less
than just this much vibrantly
beating and breathing alive? Barely,

a couple of times. Laid bare
I admit now in memory - back when we all
wore clothes. But stripped bare, though,
as I now recall.

It's easier to recover that way
from the fall.
With
everyone natural,
all on a level of dignity

that would make us blush, or
one of us! Me,

I tremble to trust,
and mumble
to hush.

Trailing off (the right way?)
up the path where I lost

my rush.

No comments: