A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 23, 2017

the wunderkind

I am outside. In the garden, I am
on top of my game, thinking
with an ice cold beer and equal amounts
of sun, air, and shade. I am made
out of fun and numbers; My brain
is math that can't add or subtract, except once
extrapolated in to an infinite distance,
on formulae worked out in sweat
and by inches,
then
suddenly
all less than / greater than signs
halve,

and snap shut to equals:

two hovering bars,
one above the other

- wait.
I just realized: is that symbol an "equals"

because the top bar
and the bottom bar

are both equal? Each equal? The same length? DUMB

Signs

at that level
should be wholly abstract, meaningless, or
meaning only just what
we say, because
we say so. Because we
say they do. Whereas I

as a matter of fact,

am through
with math.

At least for this afternoon.
It's unaesthetic

No comments: