A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

on the inside line

I attack on the inside line. If I am
countered, it is because

my opponent
has demonstrated presence
of mind:

present, embodied in a unity
of thought and form,
mindful of purpose,
but unmindful
of intent - a body,
a motion unwilled,
catch and redirect,
undirected,
explosive and instantaneous
proceeding from stillness.

and I am blocked. When I am blocked,
I do not react in the moment,
but in the moment before

In this way, I may have already won the fight.

A fight is an earnest conversation
between two whose love for each other
is marred only by their imperfection
in being able to perfectly express it,
we are perfect in mind but unable
to perfectly connect every time - meaning
turned aside, rolled away from, dodged,
ducked - persistence
is the key

to making one's meaning connect.
persistence, and the willingness to accept
that one's own circle
may ultimately be the one
that collapses

No comments: