A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Never give up on you

So
How long's it
been anyway? I know
last time we talked, it had
been awhile. And I told you
then, or I meant to - there

was no way I was going to
let you go. Unless you went.

Even then, you'd know
that I'd let you go,
but I'd never
give up.

You have meant so much

to me, that I can't.

You would always be able
to just reach out,

and I'd be there. Not waiting,
not mad, just happy to hear
your voice - no slant,
no suspect intent,
no petulant pout.

No misgivings to take,
no mistakings to give,

just an outgoing greeting,
with a cheery tone.

And if you leave a message,
I would call back so quick

you would think I was sitting here,
all alone.

Which I wasn't, of course! It was just
when you called, I got nervous and flushed,
and worried as well. Is there some
kind of crisis, some life at stake?

It takes me a minute to know
what to say, in case all

is well.

No comments: