A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Love is a declaration of war

Change coming round, when soon turns now
Light coming down, but dark down here
When I close my eyes I can see you clear
I can see all we need to win, so near

Decision is all that we need to make
And I have made more than enough to share
but it's going to take you to dip in, too
Do you want what this is? What I see? I swear,
one promise from you will take us there

You will never get lost on the way to me
If you know where you want to be, come fast
if I know that you're on your way, I am free
It isn't a test to grade or pass
It isn't a game to win or score
It isn't a show or a fantasy:
Love is a declaration of war,
against all opposed

to you and me.

No comments: