A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 22, 2017

sublimation maybe

there are certain numbers of fantasies
I am not prepared to divulge to you
and none of them are even sexual
believe that, babe?
I believe it, too

the one where I am in a band
and playing some disgusting joint
where you show up, with all your friends
and you don't recognize me, no
until that point -

I play that song
you said you loved
"this is beautiful"
"this is a song you make love to"
then
your eyes get wide,
and lips get full,

Or

my pants keep fucking falling off!
right up on stage!
the effort costs
me some dignity,
to haul things up.

It's a legal concern - the show's "all age"!
and the show was free

There's a certain number of fantasies
that I'm not prepared to divulge to you
and none of them are really sexual
well okay maybe, one
or two

No comments: