A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

trampoline

on the property next door
there are a couple young girls
(now when I say "young girls" -
they're not young, in fact,
they are way too old to be
bouncing on trampolines
every single day this week
and screaming, but) who
have bounced on a trampoline
every damn day this week
screaming, nonetheless. Now,
I actually think that's kind
of sweet! Hold on to your youth,
you know, pretty tight if you
can. Really, I'm not one
of these curmudgeony guys
who when life turned sour,
set his face and decided
to push and pull us all along
down the path of "Now, grow up
and die!" - but I'm kind of mad
about these girls. Because why
do they get a trampoline?

They get a trampoline, and I

am still saving up for my
hammock

No comments: