A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I like

I like
long walks
on the astral plane
beating everyone at my own damn game
taking things in stride where I should have stood still

letting everything ride, on one toss of the wheel
I am loaded as dice, I speak clearly
as feel, I make consequences happen
by savoir-faire

I like
straightening my hair,
with one pass of the hand

I don't even use a mirror
I'm just feeling it, man

I like
picking my way
I like
winking at dudes
I like
smiling at girls

calling enemies
"FRIEND"

I like
helping old ladies
decide what to rent
at the video store
without spoiling the end

I like
antique cocktails, I like
ordering drinks

and I don't really care
what the bartender thinks
if he says he don't know
what it is, I just shrug
"Hey man, neither do I -
improvise something up!"

No comments: