A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, April 15, 2010

holding ten bouquets

the guy that I used to buy flowers from
has such a sad face
I swear to God
but each time I pull in to that same ATM
(that I used to live by), man -
he just lights up

I don't live near anymore,
so I don't really see him that much
just occasionally, Thursday nights
I'll forget to get cash
for the pool hall dive
down the street from the bank that I used to live by

so I'll have to pull in,
to the bank
by the guy
with the really sad face
holding ten bouquets

I would always buy one
(when I lived back then)

he remembers me now

we await better days

No comments: