A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The sky

I don't believe in the sky, or in anything
that comes from the sky, or is supposed
to live in the sky, or exist beyond the
sky - God, angels, aliens, stars, clouds
meteors, asteroids, galaxies, comets or
any of that - planes, I believe in since
we send them up. But I won't get in one,
it's too much like faith - which I will
not believe in. Faith is an affront. I for
one don't buy this whole faith business,
as if there was some dome, unsubstantial
but opaque blue in the day, transparent
at night to let the light shine through
the black - no. Absurd. Lightning, I do
believe in, but I believe everything past
the lightning (which after all - hits us,
burns us! So we can easily believe) is
simply an illusion for fools. The sky

The sky is not for me.

No comments: