A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

profile

I read you clean, between the lines
how beautiful your picture is

but pictures lie, I know sometimes
and words and eyes and souls and lips

how beautiful they seem (they seem)
hey is that picture really you?

I guess it could be someone else
how would I know? For real and true

I'm filling all your details in
if you won't tell, they're mine to spill

I can't be sure, but I can spin
the story you won't tell, I will

a tale or two to flesh you out
with grinning teeth and blushing skin

a mind without a spot of doubt
invents a box, and stuffs you in

No comments: