A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 01, 2024

oh, boo

Oh, boo 
boo goo 
goo gushy-mush! 
I love you already 
so dumb much 

I can sense let's invent 
a language 

in trust, let's go
by duck and blind
grope, feel, climb, 
touch, and blush! Rush
in in plunging give, take,
call, response, royal or vulgar
flush as it comes, fluttering
alive as it likes, please
wants
needs
must

To thrive,
to live! go
natural, 
but just. 

A language!
Yes, now 
hey, yeah,
yup.

You know the kind 

to sicken 
and disgust 
everyone in earshot 
going forward
perpetually? 

That kind
trust me oh,
it's enough. 

trust me

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Small note to anyone JUST NOW COMING ON: the above is pretty clearly NOT some "subtle" sicky-slick woo pitch to some actual, present-tense immediately, recently or lately new-to-me NOW-WOW human being I'm trying to "move and impress."

Sheesh. Haw to the NAW. It's quite obviously a deft-wise critique of a pretty (arguably sickeningly) common human co-phenomenon, which I love!

(Smaller note: The fact I love it's got nothing to do with the fidelity or felicity of depiction, though. Trust me)