A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Karaoke tips #1 "Nobody's Fooled"

I count the falling tears, they
fall before my 
time 
Somebody wrote their song
screaming whole thing all along
while crying. Seems like a thousand
beers, hoisted to that JAM
Since we broke all the ties

YOU KNOW I'M STILL YOUR MAN, I'm
NOT YOUR 

ooo 
Nobody's fooled, 
Nobody's fooled 
AHHHHM NOOO 
oh 
oh yes 
oh wait I am I call you

on the phone, but never get a ring
So sit there all alone, it's time you
sprouted wings. Realize please you 
prince-ass princess of a THANG 

I'm not the fool you thought 

I'm just the fool I AM I'M NOT 

your 
fool 

nobody's fooled nobody's fooled 
I AM 
fool! Nobody's fooled nobody's FOOD 
NEVAH AGAIN HO NO 
NOBODY'S FOOLED NOBODY'S FOOLED 
PLEASE, PLEASE GO 
GO
Go! 

...

GO! 

What the, hell, lead guitarist do I 

(guitar solo) 

(spoken trailing off under): gotta scream 
the blessed-ass CUE at you now? 
MINOR PENTATONIC CATACLYSM
PLEASE YES, AH LIKE THAT 

(guitar solo has already ended)
(verse three cue missed, continue 
vocal coming in on the wrong beat) GO
(Nobody's fool, nobody's fool) I'm no fool
(Nobody's fool, nobody's fool)
Never again, no, no
You take our road, and go
You took all mine away
I've got some altered paths 
you'd never walk or pray

Just leave off thoughts and dreams
Go stuff them down your pants
We had a fucking good DISEASE
INFESTED PATH, I'M NOT YOUR

OH SHOOT
sorry that went gross

(abandon mic, do not "drop" it)
(stroll like a goof back barwards)

(stop)

(thoughtful pause)

(return to the front-stage just-right
counter where you'd left your DRINK,
FULL)

BIG SIP

Nod to the crowd (NO WINK)

(coming back in, almost 
on cue for once {1}nce):

Searchin' for a change of place
Your love needs saccharine
I scream my heart out, off
the beat I just came - WAIT

the beat where I came INNNNN

All just to make a dime
And with our time I brought (braw-HAUUUUGHHHT)
your love
But now my mind 
I've changed it to DISTRAUGHT I'm NOT YOUR 

(flee from the fusillade of thrown cans, bottles, 
glasses, vegetable sides etc.) 

(note: which has been going on for some time 
but never 

fly early, "red-eye" if that is in fact 
your karaoke stage name
I'm not your fool
Nobody's fooled. 

Nobody's fooled. 

close parenthesis

or {verb version}

close parentheses 

{your call}

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Ok. That final character is not a minimalist smiley or emoji. It is literally a freaking literal "CLOSE PARENTHESIS

"

Thank you