A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 01, 2024

New for 2024! Pt...three, I think (4)

Or four (3).

New for 2024! I swear
this just occurred to me.
I operate on no known plan,
just wild, on-point aim evolved
in symmetries of liberty:

intentional.

But hardly called
"deliberate": a renewed interest
in something
that you and I both love!
And call:

"the shit!"

It's neologisms,
I mean! Particularly: poems

which function as
(reasonably-terse) pseudodictionary
entries. Yeah, the meter's slipped. 
Catch up. I spaz. Which, GROW UP

now,
for sushi's sake!
Such shot-off tidbits
of tight sense
should really ought

to be rhymed up. 
Rhymed out. 
And metered in. 

Otherwise, come on. 

Too easy.

Yes, it's possible
in my defense (or if you take
it, your offense) for some thing
merely
recreational,
creational,
restful,
thoughtful,
spasmodic or
whimsical and/or and/and 
or or/or larkish

to also be
too easy
Slap!
a little rigor on it! Pump
it plump pump it up or in or
hey, on

With pulsing,
jetting, throbbing time
and repeated, deepening impact!

RHYME
Yes, That!

That Only
the pinprick, pinpoint,
pounding sledge of
harmonic echo sound-
-ing similarity can bring! Yes,
I do mean AKA

RHYME.

-~=*=~-

Done.
The End

-~=*=~-

(Cut from the poem proper):

It ain't no thing, but

Hm. 

I sense

a disturbing side-effect
worse yet, a burgeoning

trend

of these redacted-from-poem's-text "comments,"

of such deep, subtle, lazy, pat, flat and
that's-that
EASE.

Which is fine,
but
they're liable to bloom
forth in awful, new form!
As independent poem entries. Well,

see blog subtitle


please

No comments: