A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 01, 2024

bad breakup family

dad left home for a younger 
model, it was this slick, sexed 
-up gussy of a condo, and mom 
was no way, no how following 
his lead on home sweet home
for her. She got the house, 
dad got the condo and it 

was awkward. They 
were always continuously 
visiting one or the other
together, but the tension
in the kitchen was so sticky
and thick it set off the smoke
alarm, so of course, everybody

got the "Facebook alert" and 
panicked like yaks 
panicked like apes 
panicked like a dog 
like a sea cucumber 
smelling smoke 

where there should be 
no such thing, panicked 
like 
living beings, which 

makes sense. 

but it was hard on the kids

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Potential rebuke/rebuttal: why is it always the kids? Why are they always the matter and measure? In such cases. SEEMS SELFISH, kids. If you ask me, there's a big potential element of that in the mix, where no matter the rest of the scenario, seems like it's always the kids getting the fat end of the should-oughtta consideration stick. Take this case for instance: HOW OLD ARE THESE KIDS AGAIN, now?

We don't even know! Nowhere are we told. It stinks.

OK, I kind of left myself wide-open on that one, I admit, but the risk's worth a candle or two when you can see what you get by it. I'm content: I'll stay. Stand. Hold my hand as dealt. We'll see what drifts in on the river, may be. Anyway, I'm way over eighteen already, so I feel pretty good about my chance.